Monday, August 24, 2009

God is Waiting

I have spent most of the night waiting for someone to come home. Confused, she ran from safety back to the snare. As I sat and prayed about her situation, I thought of the times in my life that God has waited on me to want Him so much that I run to Him in absolutely surrender.
It was quite humbling. I am 64. I have always tried to work the plan whether His or mine. But Hebrews 4 is an invitation to enter His rest. I was introduced to it first at Cursillo by someone standing next to me in the lunch line. It has taken me TWENTY-EIGHT years to really begin to grab hold of that as a way of life.
I can not rescue this woman. I can only love her with the Father's love.
The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:1-3
It is through His Spirit only that I can meet her and love her unconditionally when she returns home.
Years have been wasted as I have tried to fix people, correct them, and all those other ungodly things I did to try to get them to see the error the their ways, to try to get them not to have those wasted years I had. It may have been a good intention, but it was ungodly.
We must have the Spirit of the Lord on us to mend the brokenhearted and comfort them and show them His abundant life. Then we must be willing to wait for them as He waited for us.
My prayer is that she will run to Him. Will you run to Him, too. He is waiting.

No comments: