Thursday, August 6, 2009

Invisible Women

The other night when I could not sleep because my blood sugar was so high, because of the prednisone I was on. So I wrote letters to several friends people asking them to give out $10 Mary Kay gift certificates to help promote my home business while I am home on a doctor ordered rest.
Still when I woke up this morning after only three hours sleep, I was stewing in my juices. I was totally annoyed because doctor's visits, prescriptions, tests, etc. had stripped me of the ability to place a $500 order of all the new products and get them before my existing customer base.
I feel we are at a pivotal point in MK and this is probably the most important quarter of my short career, because they have some new marketing helps available only to their Star Consultants. I am generally in that category, but between Ireland and illness had fallen short. I was so frustrated.
Then after my first cup of coffee, God was able to get my attention. Who am I trusting with this business? We saw so many provisions while preparing and then going to Ireland. Had I forgotten?
So once I again, I turned my business back over to Him. During the trip preparations, I saw I had to always step out in faith, THEN He came alongside me and move in my behalf.
More important than that I had gotten my eyes off of my calling and on to one of the vehicles that funds it.
It seems lately the Lord is bringing me abused women with emotional problems. Tuesday evening a woman came and asked if she could clean for me, because they had repossessed her car and she had no job. I told her Ray would have to make that decision because he handles all of our finances. They talked together and I told Ray that I trusted her. (I had helped her with smaller things before and I knew she had a lot of fear and abandonment issues.)
The next morning we have coffee and she talks a bit and she feels led to share some witchcraft going on across the street. I was nonplussed. I told her she didn't have to be a victim of it. I tell her what the Lord has done for me and how He delivered me of multiple personality disorder and the many physical healings. After over 20 years of everything from psychiatric wards to Christian counseling, I was finally set free.
I asked her if she wanted to be free of Satan's power. She said yes and I gave her a mini-lesson on the Father's Love.
Then I lead her in a simple prayer.
Then she tells me she has been diagnosed with seven personalities. I began to share with her that God saw her before the foundations of the world. He had a purpose for her.
Her heart is soft.
She said until two months ago she was on Lithium that cost $300 a month, but she could no longer afford it. (Praise God!) I notice the cut marks on her forearm but say nothing.
She is working on the kitchen. So I come in and ask if I can put on a CD from our church. She said, well, I don't know if I can get me work done quickly if I am listening.
I said, if she found it a major distraction just turn it off.
I came back a half an hour later and she said this is good.
The CD she is listening to? How Thoughts Affect Our Body by Pastor Anita Hill.
She is doing an excellent job and I wish I could pay her to come daily while I am off, but I would have to sell a whole lot of Mary Kay to do that.
Imagine who we will each be when this 30 days is up.
What God has done in my life gives me confidence to help this woman and others like her. I know God has brought her into our lives for a purpose.
She worked hard all day long and when she left, she said this is the happiest I have been in a long, long time.
She has come again. She struggles with fear, but is crying out for help.
Funny. 72 hours ago the most important need I had was to have money for inventory to make more money. lol Now I think I sure would have some money to hire her while I am off work on a doctor-ordered rest just to be able to disciple her and love on her.
I have been very near to where she is today. Disenfranchised from family because of her instability which began several years ago when her husband abandoned her. She has lost all that is precious to her.
She is unemployed and has valid needs. Amazing how when we get our eyes off ourselves, we begin to see how much the Lord wants to do through us.
It is time for me to take that Holy Ghost roto-rooter to my heart.
Open my heart, Lord, to see as you see and love as you love.

No comments: